21 mag 2011

Wednesday Haul: Kiko & Essence

Hey everyone! Today I’m going to show you my latest purchases! When I feel in need of make-up stuff I usually go for cheap products.
Ciao Ragazze! Oggi vi mostro i miei ultimi acquisti! Quando sento il bisogno di fare razzia preferisco puntare comprensibilmente, su prodotti poco costosi :D
Immagine 208 

Immagine 207


Kiko is an Italian brand; since 1997 Kiko has opened more than 200 stores in Italy, Spain, Germany and France. During the very first period of activity I was quite sceptical about their products. Yes, they were cheap but… totally not good value for money! Few years later they started to improve quality and range of products. They launched the new high-pigmented eyeshadows, nail lacquers with a new formula, aaaand COLLECTIONS. The reason why Kiko is NOW so popular not only with common people (and with “common people” I mean: women who do use make-up but they’re not addicts) but ALSO with make-up experts and make-up addicts is that they improved quality and at the same time made attractive products. They expanded the range of products with new brushes, moisturizers, different foundations, etc. Kiko lays in a medium price range, affordable but sometimes, for me, overrated (there are still weak products, for example:Foundations). When I go see what’s new at Kiko, I focus on inusual products, that often are imitations of other famous brands’ products. Just to give you an exemple: the Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows can be considered a “dupe” of the Shadesticks by MAC, I tried the Kiko’s version and I have to say that they’re quite good!


Kiko è un marchio italiano, dal 1997 ha aperto più di 200 negozi tra Italia, Spagna, Germania e Francia. Nei primi periodi di attività ero abbastanza scettica riguardo i loro prodotti. Certo, hanno un buon prezzo ma la qualità non mi convinceva affatto. Pochi anni fa hanno iniziato a migliorare la qualità e la gamma di prodotti distribuiti. Hanno lanciato una nuova linea di ombretti super pigmentati, smalti con una nuova formula, e finalmente pero ogni stagione, una COLLEZIONE. Il motivo per cui Kiko è ORA molto apprezzato non solo dalla "gente comune" (intendo coloro che si truccano ma senza essere esperte nel settore) ma anche da make-up addicts e make-up artists è che hanno innanzitutto migliorato la qualità e allo stesso tempo hanno creato prodotti interesanti. Hanno ampliato la gamma di pennelli e quella dei fondotinta, hanno creato una linea di creme per il viso, ecc. I prezzi di Kiko sono ora medi (per alcuni prodotti direi addirittura medio-bassi) ma a volte sono esagerati, ci sono ancora prodotti la cui qualità lascia alquanto a desiderare, a prezzi eccessivi.
Quando vado a vedere cosa c'è di nuovo da Kiko mi concentro sui prodotti "insoliti", che spesso non sono altro l'imitazione di prodotti già lanciati da famosi marchi. Ad esempio il Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow potrebbe essere considerato il corrispettivo economico dello Shadestick di Mac!


Let’s FINALLY talk about what I got here!
Vediamo FINALMENTE ciò che ho acquistato!
Immagine 207
  • Nail polish remover wipes – I would recommend them as a “second step”. I tried to remove my nail polish with these wipes and, yes with only one wipe you can clean all your nail BUT the colour smudges on the skin (because they’re extremely dipped and wet) with a TERRIBLE effect. So I would suggest to remove your nail polish first with your favourite nail polish remover and a cotton disk, than take a stick and a wipe, use the stick to reach the nail polish that is still on your nails!
  • Long Lasting Colour Lip Marker in 06 APPLE RED – I tried it only once on bare lips, without lipstick on the top. I didn’t like the effect on me and on my lips, it makes me look older and, I think I will use it as a base, to make my lipstick last longer.
  • Nail Lacquers, numbers 343 (on the left) and 342 (on the right) – GREAT MAT COLOURS, good texture, I’ve been wearing the 343 since wednesday and it’s still perfect (WITHOUT TOP-COAT!)

Now let’s see what I got from Essence!
Immagine 208
  • Soft & Natur make-up long-lasting Foundation in 02 Sand Beige (30 ml) – Not so soft and not so natural!
  • Colour and Go Nail Polish in 34 Walk of fame
Since my sister broke my MAVALA 151 Maron Glacé, the perfect dupe of Chanel’s Particulier, I’ve been searching for another perfect dupe. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll let you know!
mavala marron glace 151


Immagine 211And here you are the 34Walk of Fame by Essence (on the right) compared with my 319 by Kiko! 
  • Lipline in 08 Red Blush – I needed a Red lip pencil, and this is a nice and cheap solution!
Immagine 215

2 commenti: